Saturday, November 01, 2008

Bathtime and Spelling

Eli does cute things every day that make us smile. Tonight we were hanging out in the family room, where there were a few piles of folded, clean clothes that were ready to go upstairs. Ben was watching college football and Eli was playing with toys, occasionally dancing to the music from the school bands. I asked Eli, "Do you want to go take a bath?" He immediately stood up, walked over to the pile of laundry, picked out his frog towel and excitedly ran to the stairs, saying "Fish! Fish!" because his bathtub has fish on it (he used to have a duck inflatable tub, but it got a hole, so we now have a fishy one).

Eli loves taking baths, but hates when bathtime is over. Thankfully he also loves reading books, so I finally convinced him to climb out with promises to read his favorites after he got into his jammies - currently he's a fan of Ten Little Ladybugs, thanks to our visit with Amber who had the book, and Dear Zoo. I love snuggling with him as we sit in the rocking chair together, reading stories and pointing at the pictures.

My other favorite thing that he does lately - Eli loves when we draw pictures or write words on his doodle pro toy. I often write his name and spell it for him - he usually repeats it in his own version, "E I E!" and says E I E when he's looking at the letters on the phone or up on a sign or billboard. To him, everything is E I E. Though sometimes he'll repeat letters O, C, R, etc. but he doesn't spot them randomly like he does E and I :)

3 comments:

Laura said...

You'll love how easy it is to teach him to write his name too!! For a while there, my Eli would say (when he was 3-4): "Mom, I want a longer name, like everyone else." Now I think he's glad that his name is short so he has to write even less. :-)

Beckie said...

fun, reading and snuggles are the best. Ava FINALLY has a love for story time!

Just so you know, I have been reading your blog, I just have not taken the time to comment...

LOVED the Halloween Lion pictures!

Kell's Belles said...

We love those two books, too! I've noticed kiddos this age are a LOT of fun to read to because they are a) very snuggly and b) excited to point out pictures they recognize!