Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mr. No Nap

Eli's Victory Face

Face Translation: "I just spent two hours in my crib, yelling, playing, reading, etc. and never fell asleep."

"I am NOT napping today."

I decided not to get mad, but to take some cute pictures instead :) At least I got a nearly two-hour break. And he did sleep until 8 a.m. this morning...
Seriously though, how is it that yesterday Eli also slept until 8 a.m., took a 3-hour nap, and went to bed at 7:45 p.m., and seemed like he would nap again today? The one thing that stood in my way today... he pooped after I first put him down for the nap. After that it was a losing battle to get him to fall asleep.
If this had happened yesterday, when my head felt like it was splitting in half and I was still battling sinus pressure on my face, I would have cried (since I cried through much of the day because I was in so much pain).
This afternoon, I am feeling SO much better that nothing is going to put me in a bad mood.
Yesterday I took my third day's worth of the antibiotic, along with several rounds of tylenol, went to the chiropractor and got some goofy tape spread across my nose and face to open up the passageways, had an adjustment, and went to bed early. This morning I woke up feeling yucky and full of sinus pressure, but took today's antibiotic earlier in the day, along with tylenol, and went one more time to the chiropractor. Now I have that funny tape stretched across my back to supposedly help everything drain down.
Whatever! I don't care what is making it better. I am just happy. And so is Eli - his mom is sort of back to normal.
Today's excitement will include watching the garbage truck pick up our trash. What could be more fun in a little boy's eyes??

3 comments:

Jenn said...

You got so many great pictures of Eli! He looks so happy. At least he wasn't cranky, right? Seriously, amazing photography and adorable little boy!

Aaron and Emily said...

After being REALLY mad at Adele tonight because she went to bed 3 hours later than we put her down (and only because she was exhausted from screaming and crying) I have good news for you. Your second child will be easier!!! Mine is!! WAYYYYYY easier. Way way way way way WAAAAY easier. You'll have your little baby boy and wonder how you thought a baby was ever tough. You'll say "it's toddlers that are tough, not babies." At least, that's what I say...

Young Family said...

Hayden has decided that (2) two hour naps are too much. He thinks he should skip it all together unless he can lay by Mommy on her bed which only lasts for an hour.

I just keep hoping he will start napping well again before the baby is born.