We ended our exciting date at the bookstore, where I looked at baby name books and Ben wandered around looking at outdoorsy books. We still have no solid name possibilities for this baby - 11 weeks to go... sorry child! We'll hopefully figure one out soon.
This is a rambling sort of post. But I thought it would be fun to share my obsessive compulsive, oh-so-detailed list of bedtime instructions for Eli at 17 months that we left for our wonderful babysitter - we think she's the best! After reading this, you may think it's over the top, and that's okay. I'm including this mainly for my benefit, because I think it will be fun to look back and see how things are the same/different later on.
Eli usually goes to bed around 7:30 p.m., depending on how tired he seems. I would start the bedtime process around 7.
- Brush teeth – Eli’s yellow toothbrush and paste is on the bathroom sink.
- Change his diaper (and he always needs more diaper rash cream because he has a sensitive bum) and put on pj’s (dirty clothes go in the hamper next to the changing table)
- Read a few books – he loves picking them out from the bookshelf and bringing them to you (we usually read in the rocking chair or sitting on the floor)
- We also say a prayer, so if you’d like, you can say one with him. He knows to fold his arms when you say it’s time for a prayer.
- Sing a song (like You Are My Sunshine or Twinkle Twinkle Little Star) and put him in the crib with his frog and dog and I usually cover him with the green blanket and say, “Snug as a bug in a rug!”
- Please turn on the sound machine (on the bookshelf). Turn off the light and close the door behind you. Please do the latch lock so the door will stay closed (this old door does not stay closed otherwise).