Monday, January 19, 2009

Hoping for an Inauguration Baby :)

We're excited for the Inauguration tomorrow.

I would be even MORE excited if I could have this baby on Inauguration Day. One can hope, right? :)

I am officially tired of being pregnant. My back hurts and I can't sit for very long without feeling uncomfortable. Walking isn't so fun either. Today I was at Target and kept having to stop because I was feeling so gross. Do I think labor is around the corner though? No, not really.

My labor with Eli started on a Friday evening, went through the night and Saturday morning, stopped in the afternoon, then started up again on Saturday night. It turns out that Eli was posterior/facing up and I felt all of the contractions in my back--it was awful. We went to the hospital on Sunday at 7 a.m., I had an epidural a few hours later, then started pushing around 1:30 p.m. Eli had fetal distress every time I pushed, and eventually delivered via emergency c-section at 3:50 p.m.

I'm hoping this time around is much shorter and less complicated. And that I get to watch the Inauguration from the hospital :) But at this rate, it will be more like a week later, darn it! Thanks for your votes on the name - it's been fun watching the results.

6 comments:

The Yosts said...

I'm with you! Walking hurts and I'm at the point this baby can just come! I had contractions for a good hour last night and then nothing! Ugh. another day.

Kell's Belles said...

Wow, I'm impressed that you "officially" got tired of being pregnant this late in the game! I'm walking around moaning and I've still got a good 15 weeks left!

My fingers are crossed that the baby comes SOON and that things will go more smoothly this time around! Good luck!

Rachie said...

I would love if you had a baby today. How cool would that be? I will be thinking good thoughts for you and your delivery!

I was also thinking about your new blog name....Eli & Charlie (or insert his real name)...brotherly love

Jodie, Stefan and Natalia said...

i feel for you sarah! i know how that posterior back labor is too, and I really hope this labor goes as smoothly as possible for you! you can't have two really hard labors in a row can you? that just wouldn't be fair.:) i watched the Inauguration and was again very proud of Obama and of being American today!

Sarah Beck said...

Sarah you look great! Hope the baby comes soon!

Anne said...

Lots of Braxton-Hicks with Leah but when it was time for the real deal, my water broke and she was here six hours later and recovery was a breeze. Ethan was 20 hours of hard labor and he was born face up and recovery was awful. I hope after a hard first one you can have a similar experience as I did with Leah.