It's a little hard to believe a week has passed since Charlie was born. But I will say I feel SO much better than I did even a few days ago. Charlie is such a good baby - he has spent a good chunk of his first week sleeping and eating. He loves lounging in the boppy (shown below) that I won in one of the blog contests - it's snug and cozy for him and he often sits there looking around and eventually falls asleep.
Ben went back to work today. I was so glad he had a week off to help at home - Eli had a blast playing with him so much. Ben also did a ton around the house to get things organized and cleaned up. My parents were here through the weekend and then went home for a few days, and now my mom is coming back this afternoon to help for a few more days.
This morning I felt so happy - I was able to feed both kids and myself breakfast, take a shower, give Charlie a bath, and cleaned/organized my closets (basically realizing I have about 3 things that fit me right now in my awkward, very recent postpartum shape).So after the first week, here are some stats:
- At his last drs appointment (Monday), Charlie weighed 7 lb 12 oz. Not bad since he'd of course lost weight in the first days after the birth. He's gaining an ounce a day, so that's right on track. I was a little worried because he was such a fast eater, but now I'm realizing it's a blessing!
- Packs of gum that I've gone through while nursing this week - 4 (it is still pretty painful, but things were much worse w/ Eli when he was a newborn, so I can't complain too much)
- Pounds lost - a measly 12. Come on, Charlie was 8 of those 12!! It took a while for my belly to go down after having Eli, so I didn't have too high of hopes, but still! I'm not one of the lucky few that can fit back into their normal jeans a week after delivery, darn it :)
- Number of times I have kissed Charlie's cheeks - every time he's in my arms, he gets at least five :) Those cheeks are SO soft and chubby. I just love it.
- Number of times Eli has been sweet with Charlie - too many to count. Last night Eli kept bringing books over to show Charlie and would point at the pictures and talk about them. It was so cute! He loves his little brother and so far hasn't been too jealous.
I'll post more pictures soon... but I'm off to get a nap in while I can!