Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm a Winner :)

I subscribe/read quite a few blogs on my Google Reader and have entered plenty of blog contests in the last year. Some of the effort has paid off! So far, I've won two different Bob the Builder DVDs (from the same person, but two different contests), a Mei Tei carrier, Ficklets charms (they're more for a young girl, so if anyone has a child who wears glasses and would like them, let me know and I'll send them to you!), some earings from an etsy shop, etc.

But in the last week or so, I have won two contests - the first was a huge prize from the company, Inspired Crib Bedding. It was through the blog, Project Nursery. On Saturday, I received a big box in the mail with these things inside:
A feeding/support pillow (basically a fancy Boppy) covered in the patterned fabric on one side, and a soft minky fabric on the other. Retail: $62
A Swaddler - Retail: $45
Hooded Towel - Retail: $52
Stroller Blanket: $45

The contest actually just had three things, but the Inspired Crib Bedding owner sent the swaddler as an added bonus! So, so nice.

And then today I got an email from the blog, Petit Elefant, saying I won a hospital gown! Retail: $89

(this is obviously not me in the picture - this girl is missing swollen ankles, uncurled hair, and no makeup :)

Hopefully the hospital gown will arrive soon! How fun is that.

In the meantime, Chicago is under a blizzard warning for tonight/tomorrow, and then it's going to turn into bitter, bitter cold. Check out our highs/lows in the next few days:

Tuesday: 14/-2
Wednesday: 19/-1
Thursday: 3/-6
Friday: 6/6

These numbers don't include the wind chills, so it will feel much colder than those temps. There is snow in the forecast every day, but tonight may be the worst of it with strong winds and limited visibility. This is one of the worst winters I've ever experienced here!! I feel like I need to make a treat for our mailman (or give him some hot cocoa if I see him in the next few days). Brrr!!

7 comments:

Marci said...

CONGRATS!!! What great contests to win :-)! Perfect timing to win the hospital gown and the other package was absolutely unbelievable!!! When you get sad looking out the window you'll just have to go back at look at all your winning to feel better :-).

barbara said...

I have 2 little girls with glasses that would love them.

Congrats on your winnings!

Kell's Belles said...

Nice, Sarah! Those latest wins are awesome! My fingers are crossed for you that the gown gets there in time. You deserve to deliver in style ;)

Young Family said...

You are so lucky! Maybe I need to start entering blog contests. Sorry about the cold.

emandteem said...

your diligence always pays off. What a great deal for you. I'm glad to know we aren't the only ones freezing our buns off.

Mike, Jess, Elijah, Julia and Amelie said...

What cute stuff! Yay! It will be nice to have something new a pretty to wear at the hospital - you will be very stylish!

Mostess Mommy said...

Oooh, super cute baby accessories are always cheerful! I hope this week is better for you!