Thursday, March 20, 2008

Eli's in the Double Digits

Eli is 10 Months?? I can't believe it.
Sometimes I just want to squeeze him!
(Okay, more like all the time :)
He loves playing in the bath
and splashes like crazy!
We're still practicing the walking.
He's not to the point where I can leave him standing/walking by himself and not worry that he might fall over...
He loves holding our hands and racing back and forth in our living room.

Eli finally got on his hands/knees and started crawling last Sunday. So he walked before he crawled. Even still, he doesn't crawl very often - I really think our hard floors aren't so fun to move on.

Eli says ma ma, da da, ba ba, and loves to say, ah ah AH! over and over again. He's finally taking two good naps each day and is starting to be happier in the car (though he still does plenty of fussing if it's a longer ride).

He loves pulling books, toys, anything off of shelves, out of baskets, and off the table. He has 6 teeth and his favorite foods are turkey, grapes, bananas, bread, chicken, plums, apples, and baby puffs. He sleeps with two snugglies - a dog and a frog, and a thin blue blanket. When I put him to bed, he always hugs all three of those things and then turns onto his side to go to sleep.

Eli loves reading books - this week his favorites are: Where Is Baby's Belly Button, Chugga Chugga Choo Choo, C is for Coco, The Carrot Seed, and Goodnight Moon. His favorite toys: the Parents push toy with blocks, the Leapfrog table, any stuffed animals, shape sorter (he doesn't understand the shapes aspect yet - he just likes throwing the shapes), and his frog bath toys. Sometimes he hums along to music or when one of us is singing to him. I can't believe he's already this big!

4 comments:

Laura said...

He looks so sweet Sarah! I can't believe how much he has grown in just the past 4 months that I've been keeping track of you guys! I hope I'll get to meet him in person one day!

DC Diva said...

Happy 10 months Eli! I can't believe how much he's grown! I really enjoy your little updates on him (and he and you will REALLY cherish all this blogging in the years to come -- what a great history). My favorite part is the hugs he gives his toys before turning to his side and sleeping. That really melted my heart! What a sweet boy.

Marci said...

He's so cute! I can't believe he's getting so big!

Sarah Smith said...

Oh Eli! You have grown up so much! You are so adorable! You and Jack need to play together sometime!