Friday, March 28, 2008

Favorite Font Tool

I'm taking a beginning Photoshop class from JessicaSprague.com - and one of the coolest finds from this is a free font organizing tool called The Font Thing. This is the greatest tool if you have lots of fonts! (Sorry Mac friends - it only works on Windows.)

Some of my favorite features - it displays all of the fonts installed on your computer. Then you can create "collections" and organize the fonts into these collections. You can put a font in more than one collection if you'd like. The program even has a preview pane where you can view multiple fonts in a collection all in one list - helpful if you want to compare how something is going to look in different fonts.

Sprague also lists her favorite free font sites - Dafont, UrbanFonts, BVFonts, HouseofLime, and MisprintedType. I'm excited to check them out! (and probably waste way too much time browsing through massive lists of fonts...)

I highly recommend the Sprague classes! I've learned quite a bit so far and plan on taking the next two classes in her series. She also has Photoshop Friday, where she posts free tutorials each week. (I've mentioned Photoshop Friday before on my blog)

3 comments:

Beckie said...

that is great! and you need it for all of your fun fonts! I had the bag for you with Eli's block and the hard drive and didn't even think to give it to you! My mind is SO shot! I was looking all over the house tonight for our tivo remote - holding it the whole time!!!! I think it is great that you are doing in on line course too! you will be the expert SOON!

Amber said...

you are so resourceful-you should write a book! thanks for the great ideas for us novice digital scrapbookers and crafter wanna-be's.

Katie said...

Fantastic!