Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Beating the Heat with the Beach

The high is 92 today and early this morning it was already pretty warm. Eli was kind (as was dog lady who didn't get up at the crack of dawn) and slept until 7:15 a.m. - which was so nice since I had been sick in the night and didn't sleep very well. This morning I felt a little better, so I looked at the comments from yesterday's post and made a shopping list with all of the suggested foods. Thanks for your help! It was so nice to go to the store and have some new ideas rather than walking around aimlessly, hoping for a safe food to jump out at me. I now feel better equipped to combat the nausea.

After the store, Eli and I met up with our playgroup at the beach. I think Eli and I were the whitest/palest ones there - his belly is bright!

This is a portion of the group that came this morning. It was fun to be there with everyone!

Eli kept his hat on for the first half of our time there.

He LOVED the texture and colors of this towel (that wasn't ours, but a friend's at least) and did a sheep rug re-enactment, rolling around on it :)

A bunch of the older kids were building this big sand tower/castle, but the little ones kept them busy by climbing on it instead. I think Eli had a blast with the other kids! I'm glad I felt well enough to go - I spent a good chunk of time sitting in the shallow water, trying to stay cool. It really helps to get out and be around other people and keeps my mind off of not feeling well.

7 comments:

Rachael said...

I am glad that you had a better day today. I am not a huge beach fan but seeing the pictures and knowing that all my friends were there makes me a bit envious. I am glad that you could enjoy it!

Marci said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun - I love the pictures of Eli playing with the other kids - he looks so big! Will you be in the same ward in your new house?

Mostess Mommy said...

OMG! You are so FAST at getting pictures up on your blog! I was a little bummed I forgot my camera in the car but with ALL of the sand in everything we've touched between home and the beach, I'm glad not to have sand in my camera!

P.S. I still think Quinton and I are pastier than you and Eli! :)

The Millers said...

How fun to get to go to the beach for play group. We went to the park today, but it was nearing 100, and there was no shade, so we didn't last for very long. The beach sounds marvelous.

You'll have to keep me posted on if any of the new foods you bought help with your tummy. I hadn't thrown up since Friday, so I thought I was on the up and up. But I threw up again today. I guess not.

Sarah S said...

Marci - yes, we'll be in the same ward. Same town as our condo and our ward covers 5 towns in this area, so it was easy to stay :)

Aaron and Emily said...

Oh you poor girl. Are you feeling sick all day?

Mrs. Dub said...

Uh, you go away on vacation and miss all the news - new baby and gorgeous new house!! If it wasn't for the nausea and heat, I'd die of envy. I'll just settle for jealous.

Congrats!