Friday, July 25, 2008

Mess Maker

In the last few weeks, I have watched Eli transform from innocent young toddler to a full-blown, mischevious toddler. He is a MESS MAKER. This morning I gave him his breakfast (cheerios and a cut-up nectarine w/ a Nuby sippy full of milk) and as he was finishing up, I took advantage of his strapped-in, contained time to put away clean laundry. Eli took his sippy (this one has a flexible spout - so if you push it upside down on something, the liquid will come pouring out), dumped out the milk, then proceeded to splash splash splash the milk all over himself, the floor, and anything else in its path. These pictures don't really capture the exent of his mess, but you get the idea.

This is only a small example of the things he's been doing lately. When I am in the kitchen cooking, he usually empties out all of the spices from the spice cabinet, takes out the pots and puts the spice jars in the pots. It makes the kitchen a hazardous place to walk (because there are a million little things all over the floor) and it adds more to my clean up time. If we're in my room and I'm attempting to send an email or get something else done, Eli often pulls out all of the computer cords or anything else he can gets his hands on.
I'm afraid this is only the beginning...

8 comments:

Jenn said...

He's such a cute, mischievous toddler! It's a sad day when they start discovering what they can really do to make a mess. Eli is adorable with milk all over his face!

Rachael said...

There is always something to keep them busy. Just wait until he is older and insists that he can no longer entertain himself. Oh the joys!

Young Family said...

I know exactly what you mean.

Beckie said...

OH that is a good mess!
Wont it be nice to have MORE room for MORE messes!! ; )

Rachel said...

It is only the beginning.

Reagan was seriously such an easy baby, so having another baby so soon seemed totally doable. Reagan has turned into the craziest little toddler ever. Having another baby isn't seeming like such a great idea anymore. What's a girl to do?

So glad you are feeling better. Wish I could say the same. I hoping that 14 weeks will be my magic number, since I will be in Utah then for two weeks with the kids and without Sam. I really hope I won't still be sick then.

Amber said...

At least he's cute while he's being naughty.
Yep, hate to tell you this, but it's just the beginning...
But it will keep you laughing if you keep your cool (this has been hard for me to learn, but a VERY good skill to have during the toddler years)
Good luck!

Lindsay said...

Look what I have to look forward to. :) He's so mischievous!

Cami Severson said...

Haha! We have stopped using the Nuby because of this very reason!! It is only the beginning, like everyone says, but this stage only lasts for a short while - thank heavens(and not). Then they move on to more sophisticated ways of making more work for you.