Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Monday!

Enough grumpy posts. Today is a mostly happy one! Eli slept until 8 a.m. - such an indication of how tired he was yesterday... I was thrilled and grateful though to wake up (totally on my own, not b/c of a certain someone being loud) at 7:45 and realize he was still asleep.

We had a fun couple of hours this morning, just relaxing and playing together at home. I had fun trying to keep up with him and sneaking in a few snapshots. A lot of the pictures that didn't make it on to this post were too blurry - this kid doesn't stop moving for very long.



Of course, a 14-month-old running around a small space meant disaster was almost inevitable. Eli tripped and bonked his forehead on the hardwood floor (he just missed the rug, unfortunately). See below for evidence of the big red mark smack in the middle, above his eyebrows.

The poor little guy kept reaching up and hitting his head after it happened - I finally realized his head must be hurting from bumping it and gave him some tylenol. He ended up going down for an early nap a while later - I'm curious to see if this is his one nap for the day, since it started at 10:40 and he's been going strong for 2 1/2 hrs now!

I love the quiet moments at home when he's asleep. This morning I scheduled my 20-week ultrasound (for September 9th!), took a long shower, caught up on friends' (and strangers') blogs that I like to read, made a big grocery list, and vigilantly ignored the looming need to start packing. Today is a good day.

2 comments:

Beckie said...

oh I can't wait for sept 9!!
I am glad you had a good monday and that you were BOTH able to sleep in!

Beckie said...

and Eli I hope your head feels better!