Wednesday, July 09, 2008

It's Been a Long Week...

...and it's only Wednesday morning! Yesterday was the epitomy of bad days - Eli cried for the first two hours that he was awake, I think because his teeth were bothering him. Thankfully, he took a morning nap, and then we were able to get together with some friends to help snap us both out of our bad moods.

We came home for the afternoon nap, and after Eli woke up, he cried and cried and cried - so much that he threw up what he had eaten for lunch all over me. I hurried and cleaned up the mess on both of us and the floor, then we raced out the door to pick up Ben from the train so we could make our appointment to see a house with our realtor.

Once I was at this house, I was so depressed by its tiny size and high price. The outside of the house is darling, set on a quiet cobblestone street surrounded by other pretty houses, but not right for us. Later I checked out a large condo for rent. I'll probably look at more rentals this week as we try to figure out what our short-term plan should be.

And right now, I'm hoping Eli will be able to take a much-needed morning nap while the woman above us is stomping around (it seriously makes the light fixture in my room shake when she walks above me). UGH!!! Why are some people such loud walkers??

2 comments:

Kell's Belles said...

Oh, man. You had my sympathy at "threw up." Any day that happens is a bad one. And little kids have a special knack for nailing mom with it. What is the deal with that? I HATE being puked on and cleaning up puke and waiting for more puke. I'm so sorry!

I hope your week improves . . . FAST!

Stephanie said...

Girl, my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry you had such a day from you know where. Thank goodness for playdates!