Sunday, July 27, 2008

Hard Way to Start a Sunday

This morning I woke up to a tennis ball being dropped on the hardwood floor above us - over and over and over again (big thud - little thud thud thud thud thud - repeat). At 6:10 a.m. The culprit? You guessed it. The darn dog above us.

I am fine with my child waking me up that early, but when it is another source, I get REALLY frustrated. Especially because I know this is what is going to wake up Eli. Sure enough, he started crying at 6:15 when they moved above his room.


I am usually a rational person. But living underneath a dog for the last year (before that were two grad students who went to bed late but never made any noise) has made me SO irrational. I grumpily watched my husband leave for his 7 a.m. meeting (as Eli stood there crying at the door) and felt so frustrated thinking about how Eli is going to be trying to make it through three hours of church, from 9-noon. By the third hour, he is usually barely hanging on because he is so tired. Today will probably be no different.

This is especially irritating because this week Eli has mostly only taken one nap. And as a result, he was sleeping in until well after 7 (not sure how the dog wasn't waking him up other days, but I was always grateful when he slept later). We are both much happier when he does this. See above for a fuzzy image of the dog and its owner. I feel bad because the dog lady is nice - she just unfortunately has a really loud, annoying dog and she seems a little clueless about how noisy she is above us.

20 more days until I don't have to deal with this anymore.

20 days. I can make it 20 more days... Excuse me as I go deal with my crying, crabby child.

4 comments:

Marci said...

It was fun to see what the infamous dog lady looks like :-)! You should make a little paper chain counting down your last 20 days to freedom :-).

Sarah S said...

Doesn't the dog just look mean??

Aaron and Emily said...

I am counting down the days until you move!! (I live vicariously through you, and imagine that we are also moving into our own home). I am so excited!!

Kell's Belles said...

There is nothing like REALLY loud neighbors to make home ownership feel even sweeter! Good luck surviving the next 19 days with that bad doggie!