Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Today is a scorcher. It is only in the mid-80s, but that mixed with intense sun and humidity made it hot to be outside. Even still, we went to the park this morning to meet up with our playgroup, which was lots of fun.

I forgot my camera and was sad I didn't get any pictures of Eli running around with bright red, flushed cheeks. He is definitely one of those kids that gets the red face with exertion easily. As we were leaving, I splashed some water from the drinking fountain on his head to cool him off (most kids at the park were doing the same to stay cool). When we got home, this is what he looked like:

(if you click on the picture above, you can see his little molars trying to push through his gums. They are taking their sweet time...)







It's definitely warm in our place, even though I had the a/c unit running on turbo while we were gone. I'm off to sneak into Eli's room where I now have the a/c running on low (since his door is closed and it will get chilly in there). I am giving in to the need for a nap (it doesn't help that it's 80+ degrees in my bedroom right now... heat makes me SO tired).

7 comments:

Cami Severson said...

Parks are fun, even when it's hot! Poor, Eli, those molars are taking forever!

Kaelan has finally joined the molar club. He is getting all four in at once, plus the two teeth on either side of his top front teeth and bottom front teeth. That is eight teeth at once!! Needless to say, we are not sleeping at night.

My poor mom, when she comes out this weekend to take care of the boys, is going to have to deal with one cranky baby!!

Beckie said...

I say - SLEEP when you can!!!
those are cute pictures of Eli.
I like the one where it looks like he is trying to 'tuck and roll'

Amber said...

Fun in the sun doesn't always equate to fun in the heat. I'm with you on the heat making you tired-being 8 months pregnant doesn't help my cause either:)
I hope those molars come in soon-I've heard that getting them is a painful process.

Kell's Belles said...

Those back molars are BEASTS. Poor Eli! I hope they break through soon (and you have a little time before the next teeth come!).

Those pictures are darling!

The Knisley's said...

There's nothing worse than having an a/c unit not functioning the way you need it, too!! (Being in Florida- I totally know what you mean). I can't STAND when it's hot inside. About a month ago our A/C kept freezing over and we had to get someone over here to look at it. To add to the frustration, it was on the 4th of July!

Despite the fact of being frustrated with molars and the heat, Eli sure looks cute!! How are you feeling these days?

Aaron and Emily said...

Oh Eli is SOOO cute! Those pictures crack me up.

We were lucky that Adele's teeth came in so fast. She had all of her teeth in by 14 months, and I don't remember the molars bothering her that much.

Adele watched the Severson reunion preview dvd yesterday and was so excited saying "that's Eli walking!!"

Unknown said...

That's actually really amazing... you really can SEE the back of his mouth with that picture big :)