Saturday, July 12, 2008

We're Under Contract!!!! And Other News too...

Whoo hoo! I am so thrilled to say we are officially under contract on the house! This has definitely been a more drama-filled experience than I would have liked, but hopefully things will go smoothly from here. I am completely exhausted from the last two months filled with getting our condo ready to sell, going under contract, losing the house we really wanted, searching like crazy for something else, and finally deciding on this one.

We basically were at the point where we had seen every house in this area that we could afford (and some we could not afford) and the options weren't great. But when this one dropped in price, we felt great about it and we'll be in there next month! Holy moly is all I can say. This is the house that all of the major things have been updated - it has brand new central air (I can't wait), new house humidifier, new water heater, new boiler, new carpet upstairs, refinished hardwood floors, new granite kitchen counter, newer roof, new backyard deck, patio and walkway, etc.

This is the complete OPPOSITE of the house we originally wanted, with the room in the basement full of dirt :) I am thrilled we won't have to live through any major remodeling projects in the beginning and it will be so comfortable and fun.

Here are some pictures of the house:

Living Room w/ a wood-burning fireplace and built-ins

Galley kitchen with a small eating nook at the end (with cute built-ins too)

Dining Room

Family Room (this is a HUGE deal for us - many of the older homes in our price range just had one main living space, and usually that was pretty tiny. We love having a separate family room in the back of the house)

View of the back of the house w/ a pergola deck and nice patio area (it has a side door as well to go in from the backyard)

Another view of the back yard - it has a 2-car garage on an alley, small shed, and playset in a nice fenced-in space. Eli is going to be in HEAVEN! And so am I.

And since I'm sharing our big news, I figured I would include the other part of our craziness - I'm pregnant and due January 25th. Eli and baby #2 will be 20 months apart (I'm trying not to not to stress about how close they'll be) and while it will probably nuts in the beginning, they can hopefully be good friends and it will be great. This was a bit of a surprise, and was the reason we suddenly decided to sell now instead of in the spring. There was no way another baby could fit well into our compact condo (especially since Eli is a VERY Sensitive Sleeper) and it would be hard to sell next year with even more stuff in here. So there you go! I'm 12 weeks prego, feeling a little queasy and tired all the time, but so grateful for our many blessings.

26 comments:

Sarah Beck said...

Holy moly is right Sarah! Congrats on being pregnant again!!! I can't imagine the emotional rollercoaster house buying would be for a woman in her first trimester (It was emotional for me and I'm not even prego). I bet you're so glad you can move in next month and prepare for your new little one. Once again I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

Marci said...

WOW!!!! I was sooo excited just looking at the pictures of your house! It is beautiful! I LOVE the floors and the kitchen and the paint colors are great too. Then I got to the end though, I'm even MORE excited! Congratulations and keep us posted!!! So many fun things to take in at once! It makes my post today seem VERY boring :-)!

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Oh Sarah! Congratulations - on everything. Everett and Juliana are 22 months apart and I love it. Good luck with moving and the rest of your pregnancy! Don't freak out - it'll be great!

Jenn said...

Congratulations, Sarah & Ben! The house it beautiful. I can't wait to visit you there! And we are SO excited you are having another baby. It'll be so great to have another baby as cute as Eli in the ward!!!

The Yosts said...

Congratulations twice over! The new house looks beautiful!

Beckie said...

woo to the hoo!!
I am So happy for you!
I love the yellow paint - but yellow
is a happy color for me (that and orange...)
I love all the space and the family room and CENTRAL AIR!!
does this have a basement? at least it doesn't have the "dead" man down there in the big pile of dirt!!

I am so happy for your pregnancy too!!

Beckie said...

PS - after Jan - you will have to come up with a different Blog Name - I mean it can't just be Eli Love any more... ; )

DC Diva said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! So I must be honest, I have been SWAMPED in every sense of the word lately (we must catch up...) so I've been super behind on my blog reading, but for some reason, tonight I felt inspired to check yours... and I'm so glad I did!!! First -- congrats on your pregnancy! What a MIRACLE! I'm thrilled for you guys. Second -- congrats on your home! I know how badly you've wanted this. The place looks big & beautiful. WONDERFUL double news for the Severson family!!

Laura said...

Congratulations Sarah & Ben!! What exciting news for all of you! Your house is gorgeous---what an exciting time for you! Enjoy!

The Knisley's said...

Oh my gosh, Sarah!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! What a miracle, indeed! I am sure you guys are aboslutely thrilled and we are so happy for you! We totally need to to catch up! Good lucj with moving everything and getting things finalized!! I'm sending much love your way!

Aimee said...

Congratulations on the house and the new baby! I'm sure both will be wonderful. Will you close on the new house before your condo closes? The house looks beautiful, I'm sure you'll love it.

Amber said...

Holy cow!?!?!
Congrats on the new house, fun yard and new little one-to be!
I am so excited for you. I hope you get to feeling better and get some rest!

Katie said...

Yeah! Congrats on the baby news and the house. The house is BEAUTIFUL and looks so nice--you are going to love it. My girls are 16 months apart, and I was totally overwhelmed just thinking about it all nine months of Megan's pregnancy, but my fears were much worse than the reality, and I have really enjoyed having them so close together. You'll do just fine, especially in a house with more space! Congrats.

Kara said...

big congrats!! the house is gorgeous--where is it? and did i miss the picture of the front? i'm so glad that you found something that is ready to go--it will totally take the pressure off to get things done with another baby on the way. just think of all the unpacking and decorating you'll get done when that nesting kicks in!

we couldn't be happier for you about #2. ainsley & marcus are 20 months apart and it is a juggling act at times but before you know it they are playing together. for us at least ains was so young that she didn't feel totally dethroned and marcus never had that baby of the family mentality to overcome with #3. and you have family close by and a ton of friends. you're golden!! for the nausea--get your doc to give you zofran. changed my life!

brookie said...

SARAH!! This is the best post ever!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! When I read "and other news too" on your post title, I was hoping it was baby news. I couldn't be happier for you and Ben. The house is perfect too. So cute! I'm glad that roller coaster is finally over for you.

Kell's Belles said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you guys! First of all, the baby news is just terrific. Eli will be the best big brother!

And the house is beautiful! I love it!

Sam said...

Such exciting news! I suspected about the baby when you left that comment on my blog to watch for some news soon. I figured you would most likely start trying again soon, or never prevent, so I not at all surprised. But so excited for you! And so fun that we are about a week apart. I am 11 weeks today. So much fun. Hope you are feeling better soon. As for the house, it is so nice Sarah. I love all the character it has. Seriously, it is beautiful. And the yard is awesome as well. You guys will love being in a home, especially as your family grows. I am so grateful for all your blessings as well!
Rachel

Young Family said...

Congratulations!

Laura said...

Love the new house. And I'm sure you'll be grateful not to have to do any major remodels with two little kids.

Harley King said...

Wow. So much to comment on. Love the house. It's perfect. Also, congrats on #2.

Anne said...

Oh my gosh Sarah, I'm so glad I checked in on your blog. Congratulations! I hope you're feeling okay. I know it can be hard to keep up with a toddler with the fatigue of pregnancy. And I LOVE the house. What an exciting time!!

Suzette Selden said...

Congrats on having a new baby soon!! I'm so happy for you. Plus I absolutely love your beautiful new home, it looks like it is straight out of a Pottery Barn catalog!

Rachie said...

i love this house! I am jealous you do not need to do any renovations.

Mike, Jess, Elijah, Julia and Amelie said...

Wow, the house is gorgeous! How great to be able to move right in! Nice yard too - I'm sure Eli will love playing in it. We are excited for you - and congratulations on Baby #2. What a blessing!

Christina Huling said...

this is a really cute place! I love the playground right in the backyard! I am so excited for your baby too! Jacob and my baby will be exactly 20 months apart too! That's stressful, but once they're here we wouldn't change it! Congrats!!

Jodie, Stefan and Natalia said...

oh my goodness sarah, it really has been way too long since we've talked!!!! i haven't been the best at keeping up on people's blogs lately, so this is all new news to me! congrats on being pregnant-- that is so exciting! the house is absolutely beautiful! that will be such a change. we have to get together sometime soon-- although, i know things are crazy for you right now. Tuesday afternoons I get off early from the mini warehouse, so maybe me and natalia could stop by or meet you and eli for gelato or something close to your place!