Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The Day Improved :)

I'm sorry for my depressing post from this morning! (Yesterday really was one of those days that put me over the top with everything) Eli eventually fell asleep for his nap this morning and I went back to sleep too. Later we met my parents and brother for lunch and it was fun to hear Eli say, "Grandpa" pretty clearly this time. After Eli's afternoon nap, we walked to the beach and played in the sand and lake for a long time. The lake was pretty cold, but Eli loved walking into the waves while I held his hands. Ben came home on his usual train and then jogged over to be with us, which was fun. Here are some pictures to offset my grumpiness from this morning :)

Above: Eli was a happy kid with his bucket and shovel, digging in the sand.

Here he is squawking at the seagulls

The lifeguard chair and equipment was such a temptation for him - he kept trying to climb on the yellow flotation board.

Lake Michigan was a pretty blue today!

It was funny watching Eli try to walk in the sand.

Eli seemed so tired when we walked home...

But he perked up after a bath and was running around squealing until we finally put him to bed at 8:15. I hope the week has turned around for the better!

4 comments:

The Knisley's said...

Sarah! I'm glad the day got better! I completely understand the frustrations of life. :-) Good luck with finding that dream home. I'm sorry you guys haven't had as much luck...I wish I could help you guys! Too bad I don't have the Chicago's realtor MLS!

Lindsay said...

Looks like you had a good time. I'm glad that turned your day around. Call if you want to go on a walk sometime!

Heather said...

Naps always help me feel better. Looks like a fun day at the beach--we'll have to go one of these days.

Amber Snow said...

LOVE that squawking seagull picture of Eli. It looks like he's really trying to imitate them! And the bath time picture was so adorable too...love his little jammies. Wish we were close enough to walk to a beach. I guess we'll have to be happy with our little neighborhood pool ;)