Friday, August 01, 2008

And the Packing Begins

We are in the midst of packing. I really dislike packing.

So I take lots of breaks and take pictures of my child instead.

For the most part Eli seems oblivious to the mess, besides having more obstacles to get around.

He's happiest of course when I am giving him my full attention, rather than packing.

One funny thing with packing is that you find all kinds of weird things you forgot you had. Eli found Ben's safety glasses from the good ol' chemical engineering days and had fun trying them on. Or at least trying to try them on.

And here is my self-portrait of the belly at 14 1/2 weeks. Not the most flattering shot, but I don't care. Can you tell my button is unbuttoned? These shorts are getting a little tight. It's funny - the UPS guy buzzed our ringer at noon and it dawned on me that I was still not dressed for the day (I did shower this morning, but it is SO hot in our condo once again). So I hurried up and threw this on before he made it up the stairs.

Back to packing...

Oh - one more thing. Have I mentioned Ben leaves tomorrow for a backpacking trip in Yosemite with some of his brothers, dad, and sister-in-law? He will be gone until the following Sunday. (they have had this planned forever, before we knew about all of the crazy changes coming up) We will move our stuff onto the moving truck four days after he gets back. I'm hoping to get most of the packing done while he's gone. As I'm pregnant and chasing a toddler. Let's hope I'm not a frazzled, crazy person by the end of next week...

10 comments:

Marci said...

Well, that brought back memories :-)! When we were in the midst of packing up our first place here to move out before our new renters came in, Mike went to Canada with Heber and Josh for a week :-). Ella was almost 2, I was 3 months pregnant and I had to everything packed and ready to go because we had to be out 1 day after he got home. I feel for you :-)! We did make it though and you will too...just keep thinking about your new house as you pack...and your freedom from the dog lady :-)!

Marci said...

I'm loving your little belly too by the way :-)!

Laura Tanner said...

Sarah, you need to take your belly pictures from the side. You look pretty normal to me!

Good luck with the packing. At least hopefully you'll be able to stay put at this house for a while.

Beckie said...

ugh packing!!!
those are cute picture of Eli!
and you should try and take the picture sideways, but I can see your bump...your bump your lovely baby bump ; )( I have totally been singing that in my head since S,SB had it on her down there doctor post...)

Heather said...

Sarah, I don't think you're fully appreciating the joys of packing: you get to throw out old junk, empty drawers one at a time, discover old treasures (as you mentioned), organize your life in boxes large and small (it's like a puzzle!). What's not to love?

The Millers said...

Good luck with the packing. Sorry you are doing it solo. We LOVE Yosemite, though. Sam will be so jealous when I tell him where Ben gets to spend next week.

PS -- I don't think Reagan ever has my full attention! Ah, the difference between a first and third child!

Kell's Belles said...

Oh, I feel your pain. I really hate packing, too. Especially with little kids around. During our last two moves, Piper was my "helper." I would start packing a box, get up to get more stuff, turn around and find that she had just unpacked everything I had just done. My fingers are crossed that Eli doesn't develop this skill!

Good luck during your stint as a single mom!

Aimee said...

I agree, Sarah, packing is the worst! Although it is nice if you can take time to sort through and get rid of some things. Good luck with your single parenting weekend! Allen is going on the trip, too, but at least I'm lucky that we decided to visit my parents this week. So there will be lots of chaos and people around, but at least I won't be alone. Hang in there!

tatum said...

woa, you're pregnant!?! congrats again! xo

Amber Snow said...

You look great! I can't believe you're cute, little belly. Ahhh, I can't believe you are having another baby!!!