Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Charlie at Almost 4 Months

I figure tomorrow is going to be all about Eli and it’s been a little while since I posted Charlie pictures, so here are some from today. Charlie is a pretty good-natured little guy and it’s so rewarding when you get him to laugh, either by tickling his chest or underarms or by saying, “I want to be your personal penguin.” He woke up this afternoon crying REALLY hard and the only thing that got him to finally calm down was me reciting the words to that Sandra Boynton board book (Your Personal Penguin). It is a pretty silly book, but he loves “P” and “B” sounds in words.

Charlie started rolling over yesterday (from front to back) and it seems that teething has already begun – I can see the two bottom teeth just below the gums, trying to poke through, and he constantly is chewing on his fingers.

DSC_6261DSC_6400
Charlie still has red cheeks because they are constantly wet from his hands that can’t stay out of his mouth.
DSC_6413DSC_6420
Charlie is still on a weird nighttime sleep schedule - he keeps waking up around 1:30 or 2 a.m., but for the last five nights I have let him cry himself back to sleep, but then he’s up at 4 or so, and then up for the day around 6 a.m. It's not exactly a restful night's sleep.

It’s a bummer since for a while, he was just waking up once around 3:30 or 4 a.m. I talked to one of the other pediatrician’s at his doctor’s office (our reg. doc is out of town this week) and he said Charlie should be on the 4-hour schedule – eating at 6 a.m., 10 a.m., 2 p.m., eating and going to bed at 6 p.m., skipping the 2 a.m., and waking again at 6 a.m.
DSC_6456

I laughed out loud. The only time he goes four hours without eating is at night. Charlie is still eating every two to three hours, though I’m really going to try to hold him to at least three hours during the day.

He’s wasting away, can’t you tell? :)

3 comments:

The Millers said...

Such darling pictures, Sarah. He is such a cute little boy. Sorry he isn't sleeping great anymore. Just when I think we have a good routine going, Campbell mixes things up. But she is going longer between feedings now. Reading what the Ped recommended, I think that is about what she has been naturally doing the last week or so. It is nice to have longer stretches between feedings, I must admit. But Charlie is so small, so I can see where you would be worried. . . . just kidding.

Aimee said...

Very cute pictures! But the doctor thinks he should go 12 hours at night? My 1-year-old doesn't even do that. Hope he starts sleeping better for you, though1

Hillary said...

Oh man, I don't think Cameron can go more than 3 hours during the day without eating either. I wish I knew what the magic secret was. Did you ask the doctor that question? ANd at night, he is finally going a little longer (like 4-5 hours). But man, I don't know how to stretch it out.

But anyway, Charlie has the cutest round face and bright eyes. And Happy Birthday to Eli! I can't believe he's 2 now!