Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Yesterday I was reminded of how lucky I am to be mom to these sweet little boys. It was the best Mother's Day yet.
The day started out early. I had been up with Charlie at 1:30 a.m. and 4:30 a.m., and Ben got up with Charlie when he decided to be up for the day at 5 a.m. (not surprising since Charlie went to bed on Saturday night at 4 p.m. the day before!! We couldn't believe it.) Charlie has regressed with his night sleeping, so I have been getting up a few times now every night for the last few days. I don't think this big baby needs to eat in the night, but he thinks he does. I'm gearing up to sleep train him once he's 4 months old. We'll see how that goes.
But back to Mother's Day - somehow Ben was able to make these delicious applesauce and oats homemade muffins (yes, from scratch - I'm a tough customer) all while taking care of Charlie and Eli, who woke up at 7:30. I was sleeping peacefully until 9 a.m., when I was greeted with breakfast in bed - Ben and the kids brought up a wonderful plate with yummy fruit and the muffins. I loved it! I'm still in awe that he was able to accomplish this with both kids in their demanding morning mode - I know it's not easy. Eli and Ben both made homemade cards that were really cute, and Ben's gift was a certificate for a massage, which I redeemed tonight at a nearby massage place. I feel SO relaxed - every mom (especially one with an infant who has to carry the beast of an infant car seat) should have one of these.

Anyway, we had afternoon church, and then came home and hosted my family for dinner that night. Here's Davey holding Charlie (who was in his first set of pjs - he blew out of them before actually making it into bed. I'm still squeezing him into the too-small diapers that we have a million of and paying the consequences for it):
I love these little boys
(by the way - in the corner you can sort of see my rummage sale finds - two funky vintage chairs that match the gold walls and brown couch perfectly)
:

Here's Gram having a conversation with Charlie:
Charlie liked her stories and her songs. My mom sewed and gave this beautiful apron to Gram for Mother's Day - isn't it pretty? Gram has been doing the glycemic diet with my parents too - I think she looks really good.
Here's my mom with Charlie - I think she's lost 24 pounds now! I am so impressed. I really need to jump on the bandwagon and lose the last bit, darn it.
the boys love their Grandma
the three moms:
My parents needed a new picture for their facebook pages, so I took a bunch of pictures for them. My dad looks great too! I think he's pretty close to his goal with the weight loss.

2 comments:

Beckie said...

great pictures!!!
Your mom and dad look awesome. I need that diet too!

you and your mom were wearing opposite colors (except I think that your skirt is brown and her's is black)

What a fab!! Mothers day. Way to go Ben!!!

The Millers said...

Such sweet boys. Glad you were able to spend Mother's Day with your family. Every one looks great.