Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Things I Love about 2-Year-Old Eli

(This is a long list. I don’t expect anyone to read it in its entirety.)DSC_6562

  • He knows he’s two and isn’t afraid to share it :)
  • He loves Elmo, C (Cookie Monster), Big Bird, Oscar, Ernie… but isn’t really into the actual Sesame Street show. I never knew I would be so willing to support this infatuation, but it’s so worth it.
  • He is sweet with Charlie one minute and telling him “NO!” the next (for no good reason really – Charlie just lays there looking at him!)
  • He is a man of routine – when I asked him if he wanted something special for his birthday breakfast, he looked at me and said, “Cheerios?” which is what he eats every morning. He wasn’t too interested in the idea of waffles, pancakes, bacon, etc.
  • He loves mini blueberry muffins. LOVES them.
  • He loves fruit, especially berries (blackberries, blueberries, rasberries, strawberries to be exact)
  • He hates vegetables, but I managed to get him to swallow a few peas the other day. That was a victory.
  • He is crafty – he loves coloring with crayons and markers and was so excited about his new scissors tonight. His favorite thing to color right now? Suns – Mommy Sun, Daddy Sun, Eli Sun, Charlie Sun, Grandma Sun, etc.
  • He tries to pick things up with his toes, just like me – he’ll get it with practice because he has long toes too.
  • He is very verbal and talks all the time. We have great conversations.
  • He loves to read – favorites are Brown Bear, Personal Penguin, I Stink!, Pajama Time, and books about being a big brother.
  • He has a lot of books, but can still find a specific book by looking at the spine. He would happily read 20 books with me in one setting if we have enough time.
  • He LOVES the beach. And playing in sand at the park. Also loves bubbles and drawing with chalk.
  • When he’s done with something where he’s strapped in (eating, sitting in his stroller or in his car seat), he’ll usually reach his arms out and say with a serious, pleading look, “Hold You!”
  • He is a spunky little guy. He uses some words that we have no idea what they mean, like “Hona!”
  • He is an imitator and has a whole repertoire of people he likes to copy.
  • He is very clued in to others’ feelings and what is going on around him.
  • He is snuggly, sweet, and not too physical with other kids.

I have tons of pictures and some fun videos from today that I’ll post tomorrow. I’m exhausted from the day (and from not getting much sleep last night). I LOVE birthdays and did as much as I could to make today special for Eli and I think it turned out well. Ben and I love him so much.

6 comments:

Young Family said...

Happy birthday Eli!

kell-bell said...

Yay for Eli, happy birthday!!

Mostess Mommy said...

Happy Birthday, Eli! We miss you on your birthday and can't wait to see you soon!

Aimee said...

Happy birthday Eli!

I think the new big brother likes to have someone littler than him to boss around and tell "NO!" Nathan does it to Benjamin all the time. It's exciting to be moving up in the pecking order!

Foerster family said...

How often does he see Beckie and Marlee? Hona Buda is something they say oer there all of the time.

Laura said...

WOW!! What a fun day for him (and busy for you!) But yes birthdays need to be great for the little guys!!! Such great pics --how do you do your blog so they are so big and look so nice? you always do juste a great job! Happy birthday Eli!!