Monday, August 11, 2008

Backpacking in Yosemite

Things that make my husband happy:

Being outside
Fishing
Swimming
Hiking around
Getting a break from stresses of life

I would say Ben's backpacking trip through the Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne in Yosemite National Park provided all of that and more. Here are some pictures from his trip (I am SO glad he's home!!):


Ben's youngest brother, Paul with their dad, Larry

Ben sporting the lovely hiking backpack I used 11 years ago on a canoe trip through Minnesota's Boundary Waters. I am pretty sure his gear was the most ancient, but that's okay. I think his pack weighed 42 pounds.

Pretty scenery in Yosemite!


Larry with Ben's brother Joe and wife Cami. She was the only girl on the trip - brave woman!




Reeves (Ben's brother Matt's 10-yr-old nephew), Matt, Paul, J.D., Alan (JD and Alan are cousins' husbands), and Larry. There were 9 total in their group.


Ben and the others caught a lot of fish on this trip.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben and Family, Steve Freeman, Mike's dad, here. All I can say about your Yosemite trip is WOW. Living in Texas we never see streams and mountains like that. Mike and I want to go to Alaska, an idea I got from your dad years ago, but it looks like we would be just as happy going to Yosemite. I am very impressed with the size of your trout. You probably know that Yosemite hasn't planted trout since the early 1970's. Those wild trout are not easy to catch, good job man! Mike and I have some great memories and photos of fish from 6th water, another excellant Severson tip. Tell your folks hi for Diane and I.

Asialene said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! That sounds and looks like it was a wonderful backpacking trip. How fun for Ben. Those pictures make me want to go there.

kell-bell said...

That looks like an awesome trip. When we lived in SF, half dome was a yearly tradition, but upper yosemite is so remote and pretty, how fun!

Aaron and Emily said...

I think Aaron will be sad when he sees those pictures! Maybe I shouldn't let him see how beautiful it was...