Thursday, August 07, 2008

No more beetles

So you know I was sleep-deprived the other night when I wrote that last post - because as my friend Stacy pointed out (nicely), I misspelled beetles in some places with the band spelling of the Beatles. :) I am such a spelling fanatic that it makes me cringe and laugh at the same time, but I won't change it. I'll just happily report that I haven't seen those yucky flying beetles since Wednesday night. And I don't want to wonder where they ended up - in my mind, they have disappeared to somewhere outside of my condo. No more tears over creepy bugs.

Instead, I took more pictures of my sweet little boy at the park yesterday.


I want to kiss those cheeks ALL the time. :)

I'm glad that tomorrow is Friday. I'll be on the hunt for something cute to wear to my 10-year high school reunion on Saturday (that I will be going SOLO too since Ben will still be out of town... stinker). I had ordered a dress online, but it arrived today and didn't look good. So hopefully I'll find something fun tomorrow (and if not, oh well).

In the meantime, over the last few nights, I've made lots of homemade cards, watched a lot of movies, and tried to ignore the fact that we are moving out in exactly one week. Ahhhh!!!

8 comments:

brookie said...

Eli is adorable. Can you believe we graduated high school TEN years ago? Have so much fun at your reunion!! Good luck dress shopping.

ps. I liked your spelling of "Beatles" better :)

Kell's Belles said...

Ack, nothing like last minute dress shopping for a big event! My fingers are crossed that you find something utterly fabulous! Good luck!

Aimee said...

Aren't you glad the week is almost over and Ben will be home soon? Enjoy your shopping and your reunion!

Joe V. said...

*grins sheepishly*

Laura said...

Love the plaid overalls. Have fun at your 10 year reunion. Can you believe my HS didn't have one? Or if they did I wasn't invited. :-)

Aaron and Emily said...

it's funny that I read this post right after seeing one of the beetles on our wall, just like I told you about. Except I didn't kill this one because I can't stand the sound/feeling of it going "pop!" Eww... Now it's gone, and i don't know where it went. (Earlier this morning, I smushed an earwig with Aaron's shoe, and Adele wiped it up with a tissue and threw it away for me!)

Did you hear our message that she wanted to call you today?

Amber said...

Oh homemade cards, huh? Any ideas for baby announcements-maybe a website recommendation on how to lay one out and print it off? :)
I ask you becuase you are so resourceful.
Have fun at the reunion. It will be funny to see people see that you are pregnant with no husband at your side. You'll have to do alot of explaining.

Aaron and Emily said...

Aaron found that beetle tonight during dinner... on Adele's leg.