Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ravinia - Tony Bennett Concert

I'm out of order because I just downloaded pictures from my compact camera... these pictures are from Saturday night, when we took Brittany to the Ravinia Festival for the Tony Bennett concert. Everyone brings picnic dinners and it's really fun people watching - there is wine and cheese all over the place and other fancy things. We brought a green bean/tomato salad, yummy pugliese bread, grilled chicken, some choc. chip bars and a few miniature Baby Ruths for dessert. It was delish!

Below is Brittany and behind her is the sea of people all crowded onto the lawn. It was a sold out show. I think we were the youngest people there by at least 10 years, but the average age was probably 60+?

Me and Ben

It was funny - Brittany and I were walking around the grounds before the concert started, and all of the sudden I heard someone say, "Eli's mom!" It was his pediatrician, Dr. Andy, who was there with his wife and another couple. I ran into them a few weeks ago at our town's farmer's market, which was pretty funny (with a similar greeting - "It's Eli!). He has a son who is a day younger than Eli, which I think is neat.

1 comment:

Amber Snow said...

Oh, I love Tony Bennett! I'm so jealous. Blast from the past...summer after freshman year I went up to D.C. and saw Tony Bennett at a place similar to Ravinia with Mark Taylor...that was in the good old days when I could fly anywhere for free. But it was so fun...I love outdoor concerts like that. Looks like yall had a great time and yummy food too!