Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Move is OVER!

Things I'm thankful for after this whole moving ordeal:
  • Central air conditioning
  • 2-car Garage
  • Wonderful, friendly new neighbors
  • Fenced-in back yard
  • Eli's bedroom and the other two bedrooms are upstairs and QUIET - and have soft carpet
  • Helpful friends and family
  • Home phone and internet works again
Things that I could have lived without through this whole moving ordeal:
  • CRANKY, unhelpful old neighbors
  • Getting yelled at for parking the moving truck in the alley (at our condo)
  • Home phone being turned off for two days/using up all of my cell minutes
  • U-Haul being incompetent, not having the truck that we reserved and confirmed in advance...thus making Thursday night's move WAY stressful and long (we had to store half of our stuff in a friend's garage overnight)
  • Staying up WAY too late every night last week and now feeling sick as a result (Ben too)
The little things that make me smile in our new place:
  • the ice maker
  • the washer/dryer
  • my craft room in the basement
  • having more space
  • watching Eli attempt to go up and down the stairs
  • having an eating nook off of the kitchen
  • putting Eli to bed upstairs and not having to tiptoe while he's asleep
  • not worrying about when I can use the garbage disposal
  • and last but not least... no more annoying dog barking, running, and dropping things above my head!
I'll post pictures once we're more unpacked... it is slow-going and while we are starting to get things out of boxes, we're not going very fast since we're still so tired from all of this. Our neighbors have been SO friendly - the ones next door brought over cookies from my favorite bakery on the day we moved in. On Saturday, more neighbors came over and said hi/introduced themselves. We've also met the neighbors that share the alley with us and they are all super friendly and have young kids. We feel really lucky to be around so many nice people and to hopefully get settled in our new place soon!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Yeah!! I am so happy and excited for you with your new home. I hope that I can come visit soon, until then I look forward to seeing pictures. Congratulations.

Heather said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you all survived. I hope you get the rest you need and I'm glad you're enjoying your new house so far.

Kell's Belles said...

Yay, Sarah! I'm so glad that moving portion of this ordeal is over. Unpacking usually isn't as bad as the packing (especially when you have a toddler that has displayed such excellent box unloading skills!). I'm so glad you have nice neighbors and so many new perks to be excited about! Congratulations! And I cannot wait to see pictures!

Beckie said...

An Ice maker!!! woo-hoo!!
and NO MORE dog!!
I am sorry about the truck! that is awful! I can't wait to come and visit.
I might just have to make a journey up to Evanston this week to see you!
a CRAFT room!!! HEAVEN!!!
by the way - I recently went to the dollar store and picked up a bunch of fun bins to store things in - you in case you might need them for your CRAFT room!

The Yosts said...

Yeah! Enjoy the new house! Glad you were able to finally get a bigger place.