Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day with Larissa

My friend Larissa and her boyfriend Ignacio are here in Chicago for a few days, visiting his family in Oak Park. They drove over to where we live so I could give them a tour of the North Shore and all of the exciting things around where we are :) It was fun to meet Ignacio and spend time with them both. Eli did pretty well, especially considering we were driving around quite a bit. He liked having a friend in the backseat to feed him puffs and crackers the whole time.

These pictures aren't in order, but it gives a quick glimpse of some things we did -

Ate lunch at one of my favorite thai/sushi restaurants, Indie Cafe. This is a picture of their signature dish - it has curry, beef, potatoes, and squash and is SO delicious.

Even Eli likes it in small doses.

Larissa and Ignacio live in the Las Vegas area - they met in one of the church's singles wards there. Larissa was one of my suitemates for my freshman year at BYU - she and another friend, Asialene, shared the bathroom with me and my roommate Emily. We had a blast and have lots of fun memories of that year together. Larissa got me hooked on watching X-Files, even though the scary/suspenseful parts would freak us out.

Here is a picture of them at the Chicago LDS Temple. You can't see the temple very well, but the link shows a better picture of it. I also took them to see the Baha'i Temple, the only one on this continent. We drove down Devon St. to see all of the Indian shops/restaurants and I showed them some pretty North Shore mansions. The architecture here is obviously very different from Vegas, so it was fun to show them the different styles.

Larissa and Ignacio left after lunch to go into downtown Chicago and see more sights, so Eli and I came back to the house. He LOVES this Fisher Price farm set and it's so cute to watch him playing with the little animals.



4 comments:

Beckie said...

FUN day.
LOOK at ALL that ROOM Mr. Love has to run around in. I LOVE IT!!! AHHH!!

Marci said...

I'm glad you guys are getting all settled in :-). That food made me hungry - yum!

kell-bell said...

Oooh, looking at that food made my mouth water. Your place looks very cute, you'll have to post pictures soon!

Kerstin said...

How did I ever miss that restaurant? That signature dish includes everything I love.