Saturday, August 02, 2008

More Pictures of the Mess

I realize the pictures from yesterday don't really show what our place really looks like right now. So here are some better examples...

Eli exploring around the boxes

I packed most of those boxes that are put together yesterday; I think it was 11 total. Last night we couldn't get to the table very easily, so we had a Piero's Pizza picnic in the entryway. Eli had so much fun eating while free to wander, not cooped up in his booster. He would take bites of pizza and then spin in circles, then laugh and often came close to landing on the pizza box.

My current goal is to pack some more today, then take a break until the end of next week. After two days of packing, I've actually make decent progress. It definitely helps that we already packed up a lot of our junk and put it in storage before we put our condo on the market. Now I just have to come up with some activities for myself and Eli that will keep us cool in the heat.

Well, the mailman's here - I know this because the dog is barking barking barking upstairs. 12 days until we load the moving truck and say GOOD RIDDANCE to the dog! 13 'til I'm sleeping in full air conditioning. Who knows how long before I'll feel like my life is back to normal?? :)

5 comments:

Beckie said...

ACK! Packing! sounds like you are making some huge headway.
I remember unpacking and making a tunnel out of the boxes for Marlee and then half way through she got scared and then I had to go in the box tunnel after her (she was about Eli's age then) oh packing and unpacking is so fun!
And I LOVE a good Piero's Pizza!!

tatum said...

ahh! our places look too familiar, and i mean by all the boxes and messiness! :) so congrats on the new house! we just moved into our new place in CA (temporary apt while we house-shop too) and i am so overwhelmed with all the still-full boxes and then junk everywhere on the floor that we have successfully unpacked but have unsuccessfully found a place for. we actually miss evanston, crazy huh?

Kell's Belles said...

Those pictures just sent me into a post traumatic stress flashback of being pregnant and trying to take care of a toddler (well, two actually) while packing. This is one of those times where I'm wishing we were neighbors so I could a) help you pack boxes b) invite you over to play when we were done packing and c) make Carter watch all the kids while we creep off to the air conditioned movies. Drat to all those states in between us . . . And good luck with all that you have to do!

Laura Tanner said...

Don't underestimate the unpacking on the other end. But at least it will be in A/C with no dog!

Unknown said...

Jon and I are soooo excited for you! I always am looking at real estate, but obviously we're not anywhere near buying... it's hard to move, but maybe you can revel in the fact that you probably won't be moving for a Really long time... :)