Friday, August 22, 2008

Making Progress

First, some pictures of the little guy:




I am happy to say that the last few days have been pretty productive, with the exception of Wednesday, when I felt nauseous off and on all day long. I've unpacked a LOT of boxes - a chunk of them are shown below in our living room.

Last night my friend Jenn came over for a break-the-boxes-down party - then stayed to help me unpack some more things in the basement, which was a huge help. Sometimes you just need a nice friend there to help keep you going. Jenn's presence was enough motivation to move quickly and get things out of boxes.

I've had so much help from other friends too who have brought over meals and other things. Carrie and Sharon have both taken Eli for a few hours this week so I could get some unpacking done in peace. It's so much easier to unpack by myself than with the little guy climbing on me!

I promise future pictures of the house will be much prettier than what you see above... I think I have about 15 more boxes left to unpack; and I have already opened/unpacked about 80! Crazy that we have SO MUCH JUNK... I cannot imagine doing this if I were further along in the pregnancy. I am so thankful that I can bend down and carry things without much trouble.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Impressive! That is all I can say. Oh, and have fun with the new house.

Heather said...

I bet it's nice to have so much space for all those boxes! Good luck with the rest of it--I always think it's fun to organize everything after a move.

Kell's Belles said...

I'm a HUGE fan of those yellow walls. They are so sunny and cheerful (even with all the boxes!). I'm also loving your swing set! What a great set-up you have! Congrats!

Christina Huling said...

I'm glad you have so much help! You are so ambitious! I am having that bending over trouble now. It works great with the kids, all day long I say "you'll have to do it for me, mommy just can't reach it". They have real sympathy for me :)