Thursday, August 21, 2008

Eli's 15 Months Old!

As each month passes, I am amazed at how many things Eli has learned or accomplished! Here are his latest tricks at 15 months old:

New words: eyes, nose, couch, cat, car, bike, puffs, hi, ice, (there are others... I'll add them as I remember them). He's copied the sounds of "I love you daddy" while talking on my cell phone with Ben - when I say it, he repeats the sounds.

New stunts: he climbs on everything - stools, chairs, couches, boxes, etc. He loves typing on the keyboard (we have an extra that he plays with), and singing songs - "Wheels on the Bus," "Twinkle Twinkle," and "Eensie Weensie Spider" are still favorites, but he also has learned "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home" with the motions. This isn't a stunt, but in the last month he has learned to recognize when it's time for a prayer and will fold his arms quietly. I think it is the sweetest thing.

New favorites: playing with his farm set, hugging stuffed animals (his current favorite is "dog dog"), relaxing on his Spiderman couch, dancing to music, and playing peek-a-boo around the corners in our house. He LOVES the back yard and wants to ride his bike every time we go outside, even if we're on our way to the garage to get in the car.





We love you Eli!

(Today is a much better day than yesterday... later I remembered one other thing he did yesterday morning - he slid a CD into the toilet - the seat was down, but there was enough space for him to quickly slide it in there... he likes seeing how things fit)

6 comments:

Marci said...

The CD story is hilarious! I don't think I've ever heard of a kid doing that before :-). It is SO fun you have the swingset in your backyard! I'm so glad everything worked out in the end with your whole housing drama and that you'll be able to get all settled in before having your baby.

The Millers said...

Look at that wonderful back yard and play set! I am so happy for you guys. What a blessing to be settled in your new house. Can't wait for more pictures once you are more settled in.

Anne said...

It's such a fun age and such a busy age. It's amazing what they come up with to entertain themselves. Eli looks like such a big boy in those pictures.

Unknown said...

Wow! I love all the pictures in and around your house! It's so exciting! Makes me want to come visit Evanston...I've been so spoiled my entire married life to have laundry just down the hall from me... I don't know how you did it all those years...

Aaron and Emily said...

I can't believe he'll wear a helmet on his bike, that's great!

Laura said...

So cute. He's better than the kids in my sunbeam class if he'll fold his arms for the prayer. :-)