Saturday, September 27, 2008

Apple Picking at Apple Holler

If you have an aversion to apples, you may want to skip reading this post.

Otherwise, see below for lots of fun apple picking pictures from our visit to Apple Holler in Wisconsin! We went with the Fryers (their daughter Katelyn is in the wagon w/ Eli) and saw some other friends from church there too.

Eli loves apples just as much as his dad. I think Ben ate ten apples while we were going through the orchard. Eli ate two.


I don't know if you can tell from these pictures, but it was a HOT day for apple picking. We were all sweaty and tired from being out in the bright sun. On the way home we passed a sign that said 88 degrees, but I don't know if that was really true (it felt like it though!!).



Eli had fun feeding the goat.

Ben juggling the apples









We split a 1/2 bushel with Craig and Lindsay, but it still is a TON of apples. I'm excited for apple crisp this week!

Eli fell right asleep on the way home. Ben and Craig went fishing before apple picking, and then spent the rest of the day fishing and had lots of fun. He was pretty wiped out by the time he got home though, since they left for the day at 5 a.m. Crazy fishermen :)

11 comments:

Jonathan said...

oh yes... Ben is the ultimate apple eater. You can't watch Ben eat an apple without wanting one.

I love the pictures of Eli biting the apple with no hands... how adorable is that???

-deeb

Aaron and Emily said...

10 apples, Ben?!! Actually, sounds exactly like something Aaron has done... brothers. Oh Brother. Actually, I've seen Dawna and Adele go pretty crazy with fresh picked apples too... though they don't look nearly as pretty as the ones you guys picked! I also love the apple in the mouth with no hands pictures! I'm glad he isn't doing what Ansel used to do. Eat a bite of apple, put it down, and go get another apple, and do it over and over.

Marci said...

That looks like so much fun! One thing we definitely miss out on down here in Houston is fun "farming" activities like that :-). I love the pictures of Eli holding the apples without hands!

Beckie said...

FUN! Eli is so cute with that little hat. I think baseball caps on little boys is adorable! I could go for a nice crisp apple now!

Young Family said...

That would be fun. I love the pictures of Eli chopping on the apples.

Kerstin said...

I think I've been here- love the fall!

Anne said...

I love Wisconsin for apple picking. They have some of the best places. Looks like such a fun day. And 10 apples? I can't even imagine.

Jodie, Stefan and Natalia said...

YUM! It looks like a fun day! I was in Wisconsin not far from Apple Holler with my nieces and nephew on Saturday. I drove past Apple Holler on the way and it looked like it was a pretty popular spot with cars lined down the street!

The Yosts said...

those are some cute apple pics.

Sarah Beck said...

What great pictures--you really have a talent for photog. And isn't apple picking so much fun?

Jen said...

Cute pictures, guys! We wish so much we could go apple picking...not the best weather for it here! I hope you ate some delicious Honey Crisps for us. What a cutie that little Eli is and what a cute belly you have, Sarah!