Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Food List

I don't know why I'm in list mode. Maybe because my To Do list is a mile long and I'm happy to procrastinate it a little longer?

Foods that Make Me Happy - at the moment...


1. Like I posted earlier, the Almond in the Coconut chocolates are my latest fave. I could eat the whole box if I didn't have self control. Or if I thought I wouldn't get sick if I ate that many at once... don't want to ruin a good thing though.

2. Bagels. But not store-bought, preservative bagels. Fresh bagels from a bagel shop. Otherwise, I get queasy, darn it. The same goes for bread - when I toast store-bought wheat bread, there is something about the way it smells that does not sit well with me. Weird.

3. Peaches. I could eat piles and piles of peaches from the Farmer's Market.

4. Pretzels. The Rold Gold Honey Wheat ones to be precise.

5. Ice Cream. I usually sprinkle Heath bits on yummy Breyer's vanilla ice cream. Or I do a fruity topping like peaches. And promptly take my lactaid or I'm in trouble later.

6. Cinnamon Toast Crunch - Jewel had this on sale last week for $2/box. I haven't gotten that excited about buying a box of cereal in a LONG time. I eat my cereal dry, so only a few cereals actually taste good that way. This is definitely one of them.

7. And then I draw a blank. No wonder I have such a hard time finding things that sound good to eat. Tonight we grilled zucchini and that was pretty tasty, but I don't think I could eat it again anytime soon. Which brings me to:

Foods that Don't Sit Well - for the time being...

1. Leftovers. I can't look at a dinner-type of food that we just had again the next day.

2. Orange Juice. The acidity makes me sick. Sad because it's one of the few ways I get calcium in my diet. Then there's more motivation to eat that ice cream...

3. Meat - that I saw raw and then cooked. I have a hard time eating chicken especially.

4. Foods with Strong Flavors. Last night we had a chicken w/ balsamic vinegar dish from Trader Joe's. It was already cooked, so we just warmed it up and had it with rice and salad. The balsamic taste was too much for me though, so it went in Ben's lunch today instead. Thankfully though, I can still enjoy most Thai food, which is one of my favorite things. But it has been a few weeks since I had it last... I think I'll stay away from noodles panang for the time being, just to be safe.

5. Waffles and Hashbrowns. I think it will be a little while before I can stomach that breakfast food again. Last week's 'bout of nausea after Walker Brother's was pretty awful. I just wanted to throw up and feel better, but it never happened. I had to sleep it off.

6. And once again, I'm drawing a blank. I'll add to this list as I remember things... because when I started it, I had lots on my mind. That's the way my brain works these days.

5 comments:

Marci said...

I hate leftovers when I'm pregnant too (which is especially weird since I am typically the leftover queen). The bagels and peaches sure sound good though. No wonder you are loving them :-)! Are you guys the type to announce the name you picked before you have the baby or do you wait until he arrives? I'm curious :-)!

Sarah S said...

I have no idea!! We have yet to begin discussing names, mostly because I still can't find where our baby name books are - still in a box in the basement maybe. I should just go check some out at the library. But it was so hard for us to come up with Eli's name that I don't think this time will be any easier or faster...

Heather said...

Isn't it terrible how one bad experience can ruin a food forever? I just recently started to be able to eat quiche, after a bad one when I was 4! But you can look forward to that wonderful time after birth when almost everything is good again and you have the room to eat it all!

Laura said...

I think my current list of food likes and dislikes revolve around how they taste on the way back up. Pretty gross, but yogurt is much better than potatoes!

Aimee said...

Sarah, try going to the Social Security web site (ssa.gov) and look at their top baby name lists from last year. I liked this better than a baby name book, since the name books were too overwhelming with thousands of names I'd never actually use.