I don't know why I'm in list mode. Maybe because my To Do list is a mile long and I'm happy to procrastinate it a little longer?
Foods that Make Me Happy - at the moment...
1. Like I posted earlier, the Almond in the Coconut chocolates are my latest fave. I could eat the whole box if I didn't have self control. Or if I thought I wouldn't get sick if I ate that many at once... don't want to ruin a good thing though.
2. Bagels. But not store-bought, preservative bagels. Fresh bagels from a bagel shop. Otherwise, I get queasy, darn it. The same goes for bread - when I toast store-bought wheat bread, there is something about the way it smells that does not sit well with me. Weird.
3. Peaches. I could eat piles and piles of peaches from the Farmer's Market.
4. Pretzels. The Rold Gold Honey Wheat ones to be precise.
5. Ice Cream. I usually sprinkle Heath bits on yummy Breyer's vanilla ice cream. Or I do a fruity topping like peaches. And promptly take my lactaid or I'm in trouble later.
6. Cinnamon Toast Crunch - Jewel had this on sale last week for $2/box. I haven't gotten that excited about buying a box of cereal in a LONG time. I eat my cereal dry, so only a few cereals actually taste good that way. This is definitely one of them.
7. And then I draw a blank. No wonder I have such a hard time finding things that sound good to eat. Tonight we grilled zucchini and that was pretty tasty, but I don't think I could eat it again anytime soon. Which brings me to:
Foods that Don't Sit Well - for the time being...
1. Leftovers. I can't look at a dinner-type of food that we just had again the next day.
2. Orange Juice. The acidity makes me sick. Sad because it's one of the few ways I get calcium in my diet. Then there's more motivation to eat that ice cream...
3. Meat - that I saw raw and then cooked. I have a hard time eating chicken especially.
4. Foods with Strong Flavors. Last night we had a chicken w/ balsamic vinegar dish from Trader Joe's. It was already cooked, so we just warmed it up and had it with rice and salad. The balsamic taste was too much for me though, so it went in Ben's lunch today instead. Thankfully though, I can still enjoy most Thai food, which is one of my favorite things. But it has been a few weeks since I had it last... I think I'll stay away from noodles panang for the time being, just to be safe.
5. Waffles and Hashbrowns. I think it will be a little while before I can stomach that breakfast food again. Last week's 'bout of nausea after Walker Brother's was pretty awful. I just wanted to throw up and feel better, but it never happened. I had to sleep it off.
6. And once again, I'm drawing a blank. I'll add to this list as I remember things... because when I started it, I had lots on my mind. That's the way my brain works these days.