Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Likes and Dislikes

This Week's Likes and Dislikes:

Comcast - Definite DISLIKE. Yesterday my home phone line had problems all day long and I couldn't make or receive calls. Yet my internet and cable worked fine, which are also through Comcast. I swear I call this company at least twice a month with problems.

Home Depot -
Another definite DISLIKE. Eli and I went over there this morning to pick up the tile that will go in our small laundry area in the basement. The Home Depot employee helping me totally stressed me out when I asked for his help in knowing which supplies I needed to buy (mortar, grout, etc.). He was WAY high-strung and made me feel like I had to decide on colors and other things very quickly. I felt so flustered by the end of the ordeal.

Trader Joe's - a LOVE. My latest favorite treat from this store? Almond in the Coconut chocolates... like an Almond Joy but ten times yummier. You can find these on the shelf in a clear plastic box above the freezer area. I highly recommend them!

The Garbage Man - a LIKE. He was so kind when I ran out and asked if we could get another recycling bin since ours disappeared after last week's pickup. There are so many grumpy employees in the world, but this one was SO helpful and said he'd call the order in for me.

Nicor Gas - a DISLIKE. I spent a good hour on the phone today, trying to reason with four different customer service people about the fact that I did in fact arrange on its web site, more than a month ago, to have the gas turned off at our old place and turned on at this place. Apparently, something didn't go through because it didn't happen. Thankfully, the day we moved in, there was a Nicor guy coming to turn off the house's gas, but he left it on when he saw we were here. But I just got a bill for our condo from the last month. Now I have to fax a copy of our condo's closing docs to Nicor for proof that I shouldn't be paying this bill... UGH.

Favorite Helper in the Kitchen - Eli. Definite LOVE :). Yesterday I was making dinner and he explored all of the cabinets. I didn't care since he was in a good mood and not making a huge mess. He definitely brightens my day when I am dealing with aggravations like the ones listed above!


7 comments:

Aaron and Emily said...

And isn't it great that he can FIT in the kitchen with you now?!

Jenn said...

I LOVE Trader Joe's & I LOVE those pictures of Eli!!! He couldn't get any more adorable!

Marci said...

What a nice garbage man :-)! It's always nice to feel like SOMEONE is on your side...finally!

Katie and Greg said...

What a joy! Eli really is such a doll that I would have to smile with him around to cheer me up too! I am with you on the likes and dislikes. One of my least favorite things to do as homemaker is deal with the "problems" like comcast, health insurance bill issues, blah, blah, blah.

Good luck!

Heather said...

I definitely agree on Nicor--I've called them twenty times and they still spell my name wrong, and this month my bill for stove gas was $150! (Luckily they were nice and fixed it quickly). And Comcast will forever be a hassle!

Unknown said...

what a cute little Eli in the kitchen! that little smirk/smile is so adorable!

Unknown said...

oh, and I totally agree on the Trader Joe's thing... my absolute favorite thing (which probably has a too strong flavor for pregnancy) is the tomato basil hummus with curry Naan bread... yum...

oh, and their honey sesame sticks...