Thursday, September 25, 2008

Weeds Everywhere

In case you were wondering what happens when you neglect your plants for a month...
You get lots and lots of weeds. Yuck. There were already weeds when we moved in, but we kept putting off the joyous chore of weeding...
I think the 11 inches of rain that we got a few weekends ago didn't help our cause.

Finally I started to make progress on pulling them out this week. There is still plenty left to pull, but I can only go so fast being 5 1/2 months pregnant. It's not so comfortable bending over like that for long periods of time!!

4 comments:

The Millers said...

Ah, weeding. One of the many joys of having a yard to take care of. We didn't really rake last Fall at all (laziness entirely), so this Spring our grass was really slow to green up. One day I spent hours in the back yard raking up all the dead leaves and pine needles. I filled up seven big garbage bags full, and our back yard is tiny. Seriously, we really feel like in a lot of ways, home ownership is HIGHLY overrated.

Beckie said...

UGH weeds!
my thing is, I don't know what are weeds (well for the most part I do) and what are ones I should leave.
And I think now is the time to plant tulip bulbs for the spring...I need a gardening book!

Jonathan said...

I know the feeling... Gardens would be so much more fun if they didn't grow weeds in them...
-deeb

Jen said...

I guess this is when we are glad that we rent and that our backyard is like 5x10. But, our house is stucco...not much to be glad about there!