Sunday, September 07, 2008

Having Fun Around Town

We've been busy since the last post! On Thursday night, we celebrated having a second boy by having breakfast for dinner at yummy Walker Brother's. The picture below doesn't make the food look as good as it was - Ben got the famous apple pancake a la mode and shared it with Eli. I got the pecan waffles and hashbrowns on the side, extra crunchy w/ low oil. YUM! The sad thing is it was delicious at the time... but later that night I was SO nauseous and laid on the couch with a bowl next to me, just in case. I'm feeling queasy again tonight - not fun.

It was pouring rain that day, all day long, so we had to race to our car when we left. Eli loves trying on Ben's hats, as shown below, as well as my pregnant self. I don't think that picture is very flattering, but that's okay.

On Saturday morning we went to our city's Farmer's Market. We got the TASTIEST canteloupe!! It was huge too. And some tomatoes, peaches, etc. It was all delish.

Eli often has some stuffed animal with him, whether we're in the house, in the car, or out strolling around. Ben says he gets his love of stuffed animals from my side, since my brother has always been a big fan of them.

On Saturday afternoon/evening, we went to our first block party! I am amazed at what people do around here for their block parties - they had a fire truck there that the kids could climb on, along with a bounce house, dunk tank, lots of music, games, etc. Everyone was very friendly, and we were amazed at how many kids live in the area. There are a ton of little 1-year-old boys, which I think is fun for Eli. They'll all go to the same elementary school, so it's great he'll have these friends that live so close. I am pretty sure Ben and I were the youngest couple at the party by at least five years, but people were so nice and kept coming up and introducing themselves. I'm really happy with where we live.

On Sunday evening we walked to the park near our house. We let him walk there (instead of riding his bike or taking the stroller), and the whole way there he was squealing with excitement! It was pretty funny seeing him enjoy the freedom. He loves going down this slide when we're at this park. We met a nice couple with a 2-year-old boy who lives just a block or so over, so I'm sure we'll see them there again.

Each day there are things he does that make Ben and I smile. He has his rough moments of course, but we think he is such a precious, wonderful little guy. We love him like crazy.

7 comments:

Marci said...

You're neighborhood block party sounds SO fun! You guys ended up in the perfect place :-)!

Kell's Belles said...

That food looked good to me! Yum! (I'm sorry it got so ugly later on. I hate how delicious meals can do that to you when you're pregnant!).

Your neighborhood sounds fabulous! I'm so glad you found such a friendly place.

Aaron and Emily said...

You look very pretty in pink.

emily & david said...

You'll come to appreciate the park more and more. At least I have! Never thought I'd be a park and library storytime junkie!

Sarah Beck said...

looks like some fun times! (though I feel so bad that you're still having morning sickness) and you look fantastic pregnant!

Aimee said...

Sounds like a great neighborhood! Hope the morning sickness ends for good very soon.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.